Christmas season is fast approaching and if you haven’t done your Christmas shopping yet, head over to Taytay Tiangge. Whether it’s for you, or for a gift, you will surely find something for everyone at a very affordable price!
Taytay, Rizal is known as the Garments Capital of the Philippines. You will find clothes that are half the price of those being sold in Divisoria and Greenhills, most of it are also designed by locals. I heard that many online sellers buy their merchandise here.
Last Sunday, I, together with my mom and my sisters, headed to Taytay Tiangge. It is not hard to find. It’s located near the New Taytay Public Market. You can’t miss it because it’s a huge patch of land with a lot of stalls. The place is also less crowded than Divisoria.
We found some great quality clothes at a very cheap price! You can buy a lot for a budget of Php1,000. There are pillowcases at Php35 and tops for as low as Php35. Overruns and denims are at Php250-350. I found kids’ pambahay for as low as Php20, and cute tutu dresses for little girls at only Php 50. What a steal!
Tips for Shopping at Taytay Tiangge:
- Wear sensible shoes and comfortable clothes. You’ll be walking a lot! The place is enormous, some are cemented, some have gravel. You might spend 2-3 hours shopping.
- Bring water and refreshments. Unlike in malls, Taytay Tiangge is not airconditioned.
- Have a list of things that you will buy. There’s a lot of stalls and garments to choose from, you might get overwhelmed and forget what you need to buy.
- Bring your own shopping/eco bag. (Bring a huge one!)
- Bring a friend so you can save further on prices. Wholesale starts at only 3 pieces.
- Bring enough cash with you. You have to cross the highway to get to the nearest ATM.
- Try the night market. I heard that the night market have cheaper prices. One storekeeper said that there’s a Php2o price difference.
- Be careful with your belongings, be alert and always make sure to count your change.
- BAGPI – Monday: 8 pm until Tuesday 2 pm
Wednesday: 5 pm to 12:00 midnight
Thursday: 8 pm until Friday 2 pm
Saturday: 5 am to 2 pm
- MYSEOUL – Tuesday and Friday: 12 am to 6 pm
Sunday, Thursday and Saturday : 6 am to 6 pm
- FREEDOM TIANGGE – Monday-Sunday: 8 am to 5 pm
- TAYTAY MUNICIPAL TIANGGE (formerly known as Mayora’s Tiangge) – Monday: 8 pm until Tuesday 2 pm, Thursday 9 pm to Friday 10 am
- PARKWAY/EUGENE TIANGGE – Tuesday-Sunday: 8 am to 5 pm.
More from Food & Places: