When I found out I was nominated for the Liebster Award 2017, I was ecstatic! I just started a blog about three weeks ago with no background in writing whatsoever, so it really came as a surprise that someone (other than my friends and family) actually liked my blog. I mean really, I was starting to question my judgement in starting a blog, and it was what I really needed to feel motivated again.
A huge thanks to Dianna Karpinski for nominating me and for thinking that my blog is well done and unique. Dianna is the founder of Wholefully Beautiful, a blog that provides inspiration through healthy nourishment, everyday home improvements and thoughtful reflections.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Awards exists only in the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. It was created to recognize and discover new blogs. It’s a great way of promoting your own blog and others. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
To Answer Dianna’s Questions:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
Motherhood, for me, is like starring in your own tv series. There’s action (bath time and feeding time), romance, drama (a lot of crying-mostly from me), and suspense ( when the kids are awfully quiet, you know something’s not right). I thought I’d try my hands in writing about it, like my own therapy. I also want to share what I learned and empathize to every parent out there who might be feeling tired, stressed or overwhelmed.
2. What/Who inspires you to travel this world?
Everything! God created so many beautiful things and places, I just have to see the world!
3. When do you find time to blog?
Whenever I have an idea, I write it down quickly in my notebook. I write on my blog whenever my kids are asleep. I do keep a schedule so I won’t feel lost and overwhelmed with all the things I have to do.
Lisa Lunney – Lisa Loves Words
Lisa is a professional writer. She has a passion for words and she believes in the goodness of human nature and the power of perseverance.
Sameer Karve – Life is Transformation
Sameer is a day dreamer who realized that dreaming does more harm than good. He motivates people and is truly an inspiration.
Anna Matias – Anna Matias
Anna is a full-time IT turned travel/lifestyle blogger junkie. She loves to explore the little corners of the world. You can easily see her passion for travel in her blog.
Marisa Lynn Pennell – Marisa Pennell
Marisa is like a ball of positive energy. She strives to help and motivate people to be the best versions of themselves.
Amy Baldwin – Amy Victoria Baldwin
Amy’s style is effortless and chic. She’s the go-to gal when it comes to fashion and beauty.
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
Questions for the Nominees
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- When do you find time to blog?
- What’s the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- If you were given a million dollars, how would you spend it?
- What’s the scariest thing you have experienced?
- What is your favorite book or series?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could only take one trip, where would you go?
- What is your proudest moment?
- What advice can you give to new bloggers or someone who wants to start a blog?
For more information, visit The Global Aussie.