“Thirty was so strange for me. I’ve really come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult.” -C.S. Lewis
To be honest, I don’t think that I got “adulting” to a tee yet. If you’ll pass me by the street, you’ll mistake me for a high school kid. (And this has happened way too often.) I stand at only 4 feet, 11 inches; and while I am proud of my petite frame and my ability to fit in a small window (handy when you get locked out), I find that some people don’t take me seriously. Like for example, at my daughter’s PTA, other moms think I got pregnant in my teens. I do enjoy seeing people’s faces when they ask me how old I am and I give them the answer.
I turned thirty a few days ago. At my age, I find that a handful of true friends are better than a hundred acquaintances, and being popular is not really that important. (and also, sleep is waaaaay better than partying all night!)
How does it feel being thirty? I do feel that some things are not worth sweating over and I have become more appreciative of everything that life has given me. I have done things that I am proud of, and some things that are embarrassing and stupid. I don’t regret anything, though, ’cause every mistake has also shaped me and led me to where I am today. But, let’s just focus on the positive, shall we?
30 Things I’m Glad I Did Before Turning Thirty (in no particular order)
- Had the longest road trip of my life that lasted for a week.
- Been to Davao.
- Crossed the San Juanico Bridge- the longest bridge in the Philippines.
- Rode an airplane.
- Passed UPCAT.
- Lived in Baguio City for two years.
- Studied ballet for two years.
- Pulled an all-nighter with my friends.
- Won 2nd place in a Dance Sports Competition.
- Learned to swim.
- Learned to ride a bicycle.
- Joined the Singles for Christ, where I met my husband.
- Got married.
- Gave birth to two daughters.
- Finished reading the Harry Potter series.
- Watched all the Harry Potter movies.
- Got to see The Ruins in Bacolod City.
- Bought life insurance.
- Registered as a voter.
- Invested in the stock market.
- Invested in Equity Funds.
- Invested in a crowdfunding platform.
- Joined the The Truly Rich Club.
- Bought the rights to an elementary school, GROWWE Learning Center, Inc.
- Purchased a house lot.
- Walked in a tight rope suspended 30 feet in the air while inside a hamster wheel.
- Learned yoga.
- Booked a trip to Coron, Palawan.
- Read atleast 15 books from Stephen King.
- Started a blog.
I know life still has a lot of lemons to throw at me. I am quite excited ’cause I know there’s still a lot more to learn and to experience, and a lot more margaritas to make. Cheers to being 30!